fun facts from behind
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
POSTED BY Rosemary ON Apr 19th, 2012
Written By: Rosemary Seguin CNP, NNCP
As promised in my last post, 10 creative ways to add avocados to your diet, here is my decadent, creamy and delicious recipe for chocolate avocado pudding.
As I mentioned before, it’s a fantastic, healthy, dessert or snack you can make in a matter of minutes that everyone will love. If you don’t tell anyone, they would probably never even know there was avocado in it! I have yet to make this for anyone that has not asked me for seconds. Even your kids will love it.
– 2 ripe avaocados (med. size)
– ½ cup pure cocoa powder
– 1/3 cup raw unpasteurized honey or maple syrup ( I used Novo Mel brand)
– ½ cup rice or almond milk
– 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Optional: Freshly shaved coconut or store bought unsweetened (I used fresh – There’s nothing like it!) Alternatively you can use the zest of an organic orange.
1) Cut avocado in half, remove the seed, scoop it out of the peel and place in food processor using the “S” blade.
2) Add the cocoa powder, honey, rice milk and pure vanilla extract to the food processor and blend together until completely smooth. You may have to stop, scrape the sides of the processor and continue.
3) If you prefer the pudding a little more firm and chilled you can Refrigerate for 30min otherwise you can scoop into a small serving bowl (guests really love when I present it in a martini glass). Add shaved coconut or orange zest on top and enjoy!
You can also use this recipe as a dip for strawberries or fruit if your choice, straight out of a bowl with a spoon (that’s my favourite way), or even as a chocolate spread on toast (a great healthy replacement for nutella).